The European Tech Alliance (“EUTA”) takes your privacy seriously. Please read this Privacy Notice (“Notice”) to learn more about how we collect, use, disclose and store information when you access or use our Website or Services or contact us a different way. We gather various types of information, including information that identifies you as an individual (Personal Information). This is explained below.
What information does the EUTA collect?
When you use our Website, we may collect Personal Information that you chose to provide to us. On our “Contact Us,” page, you provide us contact information. We may also collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address and referring Website. For further information, please see the section below headed “Cookies and other Tracking Technologies”. When you use our Services, we collect information directly from you such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, organisation.
How do we use the information?
When you provide information to us through our Website, we may use the information to respond to your inquiries We also use information to administer and improve our Website and to analyze use of the Website for trend monitoring.
When you use our Services, we may use your information:
- To respond to your inquiry when you contact us,
- When a user visits our Website and clicks on the pages, we collect anonymized, aggregated data about the path of the user’s visit through the Website, and
- For any other purposes about which we will notify you.
Disclosure to Third Parties
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information. We may share and disclose information, including Personal Information about our customers in limited circumstances as described below. EUTA transfers Personal Information to third parties such as service providers who perform tasks on our behalf such as for processing and storage purposes. These companies include, for example, website analytics companies, CRM service providers and email service providers.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Assisting in your ability to provide feedback;
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Analyzing your use of our website;
- We may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to users to track which emails are opened by recipients. We use this information to improve marketing effectiveness, enable accurate reporting and make our Website and Services better for our users.
What choices do I have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us. Please note that some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our features (“Contact us”).
You can set or amend your web browser controls to accept or reject cookies. If you do, you may still use our Website and Services, but some access to functionality may be restricted.
Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
To review and update your Personal Information to ensure it is accurate, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. EUTA will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal information we maintain within 30 days of your access request so that you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your data. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we are not able to provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice
Individuals may address their privacy related concerns by contacting EUTA at email@example.com. Every privacy-related complaint will be recorded and investigated, and the results of the investigation will be provided. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken.
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer, tablet or mobile device when you visit a website. These are anonymous and only used for record-keeping purposes. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information. All of our cookies expire automatically, after which they will be deleted from your device.
Disabling and/or Deleting Cookies
Most web browsers allow users to control or delete any or all cookies stored in the browser. To learn more about how you can control or erase the cookies on your device, please visit: www.aboutcookies.org.
Types of Cookies
The types of cookies used on this Website can be classified into one of three categories, namely Essential Cookies, Analytics Cookies, and Content Cookies.
- Essential Cookies– These cookies are essential for using certain website features, such as remembering cookie preferences.
- Analytics Cookies– These cookies collect aggregated information about how visitors use a Website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and whether they received error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to provide statistical information about our Website as a whole.
- Content Cookies– These cookies are used to perform tests on various aspects of our Website and ensure a consistent user experience. These cookies do not collect information that identifies you. All the information that these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our Website works.
Expiry of Cookies
Cookies have a limited lifetime, after which they will be unusable and automatically deleted. The lifetime of each cookie is defined within each cookie. Most cookies last for one session, which lasts until the browser is closed or until the user has not opened a new page on the Website for over 30 minutes.